As you all know Windows 7 reaches the end of support on 14 January 2020, so you need to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10. The meaning of End of support is that your computer works well but there will be no software updates and security updates and no technical support for any issues, so the computer is not secured and it is vulnerable, to read more about this Windows 7 end of support, refer to the official Microsoft notice click here
(Disclaimer: This tutorial is only meant for educational purposes and we are not responsible for any illegal activity, we are not responsible for any damages to your machine that one might have done using this tutorial)
Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 from official website
Just follow the below steps to upgrade windows 7 to windows 10 from the official website
- Check the system requirements before installing windows, to check whether it is compatible or not
- Go to the official Windows 10 page and click on Download tool now button
3. After downloading the Media Creation Tool, run it and accept its license terms
4. Two options will be displayed, check the Upgrade this PC now, and click next
5. The tool prompt two options, whether the user wants to keep everything or to start from scratch, which loses data .after this downloading of windows 10 files will be started
6.next, click on install to start upgrading windows 7 to windows 10
7. After completing successful installation of your machine , go to the settings > Windows Update > Activation and Activation will be done, This works only if you are using the genuine license of Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 license
Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 using Powershell Script
Recently I found a thread in subreddit, that used PowerShell commands to Upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10, you can go to the original subreddit thread here.
Powershell has preinstalled in Windows 7 os, just go to the start and search for PowerShell, Run Powershell as administrator. by default Powershell doesn’t allow you to run the script, so change the registry setting using this command
Execute the below lines of code in your Powershell or download the Powershell executable file from here.
$dir = "c:\temp" mkdir $dir $webClient = New-Object System.Net.WebClient $url = "https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=799445" $file = "$($dir)\Win10Upgrade.exe" $webClient.DownloadFile($url,$file) Start-Process -FilePath $file -ArgumentList "/quietinstall /skipeula /auto upgrade /copylogs $dir"
After executing the updating process runs in the background so wait for some time and to check the process, go to Task Manager and check whether Windows10UpgraderApp.exe named file is running or not, if it’s running the updating is done in the background