- the first character should be alphabet or underscore
- we can use _ (underscore) for starting alphabet
- succeeding characters can be digits or alphabets
- Only first 31 characters are significant.
- A max 31 characters should be used.
- Uppercase and lowercase identifiers are different
- keywords are not used as identifiers
- now two successive underscores are allowed
- no special characters or symbols are allowed except underscore
Identifiers are names given to variables, functions, and arrays. There are some rules(above) for identifiers.these are user-defined names
- my var